Follow up: Mazen Al Rayes
Italy defeated Turkey, with a wide score, 3-0, in the match that was held between them in the Italian capital, Rome, at the opening of Euro 2020, as part of the first stage of the first group matches.
Italy’s goals were scored by Demiral (53), Immobile (65) and Insigne (79).
The first half ended negatively without goals, with a clear advantage in favor of the Italian national team, but the good positioning of Turkey’s players prevented the Azzurri from taking precedence.
It was clear the pressure of the opening matches on the two teams, as the performance was very cautious, especially since the loss of any team might confuse its accounts at the top of the first group, but things changed completely in the second half.
Turkey could not withstand the distinguished Italian pressure, which resulted in a historic victory with a 3-0 victory in the opening match of the competition.
Italy topped its first group temporarily with three points, pending the match between Switzerland and Wales, knowing that Turkey is in last place.
Turkey did not have the ability to react, as Italy continued its impressive streak of not losing the 28th match in a row.
Italy vs Turkey match – special coverage
- (90+2) Chiellini takes away Yilmaz’s dangerous ball at the last minute.
- Italy completely controls the confrontation and the reaction is absent from Turkey moments before the end.
* (Goal) 79th minute: Insigne crowns Italy’s outstanding performance in the match in a superb way.
- (No.) If Italy continues to win this result, it will continue its remarkable results by not losing for the 28th match in a row or conceding any goal this year.
* (Goal) 65 min: Immobile kills the match with a second goal, taking advantage of his good positioning.
* The Turkish national team started leaving its areas about 30 minutes before the end.
- (58) The Italian pressure is continuous and Locatelli’s shot is taken away by Cakir to a corner.
- (57) Insigne is late in making a decision and his dangerous ball is pushed to a corner.
- (55) Spinazzola practices his distinctive hobby of penetration and shoots a ball from a narrow angle that is kept away by the goalkeeper.
* (Goal) 53rd: Berardi penetrates the Turkish defense and sends a cross that hits Demiral and turns into his team’s goal by mistake.
- (51) Donnarumma blocks Eder’s shot, who tried to surprise with a distinctive counter-attack.
- The start of the second half of the match.
* Dutch referee Danny Makele deserves the title of “first half star” after refusing to award any penalty kick despite the many demands from the players of both teams, as video technology has always confirmed the decisions of the 38-year-old.
- The first half ended in a tie without goals.
- (44) Yilmaz tried to score a penalty kick from Chiellini, but the referee orders to continue playing.
- (39) Italy is experimenting with the weapon of shooting from a distance, and Berardi’s ball comes far from the goal.
- (35) Donnarumma comes out in time for Yilmaz’s cross, depriving Turkey of an opportunity to score.
- (33) Immobile appears again and tries to miss the net.
* Half an hour has passed since the start of the match and Italy have the advantage, but the result still indicates a draw.
- (22) Chiellini tries with a focused head kick and the goalkeeper intervenes at the last gasp.
- (21) Immobile demands a penalty kick in favor of Italy after the ball hit Songo’s hand inside the forbidden area.
- (18) The most dangerous chance of the match comes from Insigne’s shot that passes past Çakir goalkeeper Turkey.
- (12) The first serious appearance of the Turkish national team through Burak Yilmaz, who penetrated the left flank, but his cross did not find anyone to follow it.
- (7) Berardi continues to pose a threat to Turkey, but he was unable to control a through ball sent to him inside the penalty area.
- (3) Ciro Immobile was very close to opening the scoring for Italy, but his ball hit the net from outside.
- (No.) Gianluigi Donnarumma became the youngest goalkeeper to represent Italy in a combined World Cup and European Championship at the age of 22 years and 106 days.
- The starting whistle sounds.
- A remarkable atmosphere at the opening ceremony of Euro 2020.
Italy national football team official roster
Turkey national team official list