Fire breaks out at Chai Chee coffee shop, none injured

58

SINGAPORE – A hearth broke out in a coffee store at Block 29 Chai Chee Avenue on Tuesday morning (March 8), affecting three stalls there, stated the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).

About 15 individuals self-evacuated from the premises and a few helped to battle the blaze with hearth extinguishers. There had been no reported accidents.

The SCDF stated it arrived at the eatery at round 6.45am and extinguished the flames with two water jets.

“Preliminary investigation indicates that the fire had originated from overheated cooking at one of the fire-affected stalls,” stated the SCDF.

This means contents on a range had caught hearth, which unfold to a close-by exhaust duct.

Columns of white smoke had been seen billowing up, shrouding the decrease flooring of close by housing models.

An eyewitness stated that at least one hearth engine was noticed at the scene and firefighters spent round half-hour preventing the blaze.

Marine Parade GRC MP Tan Chuan-Jin stated in a Facebook publish that the constituency’s city council and grassroots crew, in addition to the Housing Board, are “assessing the damage and providing assistance to the shop workers and owners”.

He suggested residents to remain away from the affected areas whereas the related companies are doing their reinstalling and cleansing works.

In a Facebook publish, the SCDF reminded members of the general public to not depart any cooking unattended to forestall kitchen exhaust duct fires.

They also needs to maintain the range, its surrounding space and the opening of the exhaust ducts free from grease and oil stains.

The exhaust ducts also needs to be cleaned and maintained at least yearly.

Comments are closed.

buy levitra buy levitra online