Oct 5 (Reuters) – The Afghanistan girls’s soccer workforce are unsure about their future after evacuating to Australia following the Taliban takeover in August, captain Shabnam Mobarez mentioned on Tuesday.
Australian evacuated greater than 50 Afghan girls soccer gamers, athletes and their dependents after the Taliban seized management of the capital, Kabul, on Aug. 15.
Mobarez, who lives within the United States, mentioned the evacuated Afghan gamers have been receiving excellent care in Australia, however have been nonetheless confused about their future.
“It is very unsure, the situation they are in right now,” Mobarez advised Sky Sports. “It was a traumatising experience getting out. Now they are trying to get used to this whole normal new life.
“I’m certain they’re very confused and in shock as a result of they left household and mates behind.”
During their previous period of rule from 1996 to 2001, the Taliban severely curtailed women’s rights, including banning them from education and work.
Last month, a senior Taliban official told Australia’s SBS News women would not be allowed to play cricket, a popular sport in Afghanistan – or possibly any other – as it was “not essential” and their bodies might be exposed. read more
Mobarez said the Taliban takeover had put the future of women’s soccer at risk.
“The workforce has been by so many terrifying experiences previously as properly,” she said. “It has by no means been simple for an Afghan feminine to be an athlete in Afghanistan. It’s only a truth.
“It just breaks my heart that they were fighting through so many small battles, now it’s almost like the game is over. Even if they get out of their houses, it is going to be dangerous and they can potentially get killed.”